Option 1 - Install a Pre-made OS Template:
- Click Reinstall.
- Select the template you want and click Reinstall.
- Your new root password will be displayed once you initiate the installation.
- Monitor the installation progress using VNC.
- Please see Networking below to configure your connection if needed.
Option 2 - Install an ISO:
- Click CDRom.
- Mount the desired ISO.
- Make sure CDROM is before Hard Disk under Settings > Boot Order.
- Reboot the VPS from the General tab.
- Click VNC and configure the OS as desired (see below for help).
- Unmount the ISO and reset the Boot Order after installation is complete.
Known Issues / Additional Information
RealtekPlease do not use the Realtek network card. It has a 100Mbps limit that cannot be removed. Please use the Intel Pro or Virtio options for 1Gbps connectivity.
Intel Pro/1000Windows requires this network card. Ubuntu 12 seems to work better with it as well. Intel's drivers can be downloaded fromIntel.com. If needed, use this guide to install the Intel 1000 drivers.
VirtioWe recommend that you use the Virtio network card on any OS other than Windows and Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTSThe 12.04 SolusVM template should be run with the Intel Pro network card for best performance. The 12.04 ISO requires downgrading the kernel to unlock full network card potential.
Pagefile / SwapTo avoid I/O abuse, please set your pagefile/swap to a reasonable size. Abusive I/O may result in suspension and or termination without refund.
General PerformanceUnless your OS requires IDE, use the Virtio driver. You can select Virtio under Manage > Settings > Disk Driver in SolusVM.
Please keep in mind that Catalyst Host is an unmanaged provider. KVM OS installation is the responsibility of the client. If you are unable to install your OS please request an account credit through a Billing ticket.